West Coast Conference
POP WARNER FOOTBALL AND CHEER
Super merger, Palomar and San Diego Pop Warner become one conference. Severing all of San Diego County and Southwest Riverside County areas with 22 associations. Where boys and girls ages 5 to 17 years old can participate in the sport of football, dance and cheerleading. West Coast Conference Pop Warner (WCCPW) requires all participants maintain academic standards according to National Pop Warner scholastic eligibility. WCCPW believes in the Pop Waner Mission statement:
The Pop Warner Mission:
The mission of Pop Warner Little Scholars is to enable young people to benefit from participation in team sports and activities in a structured environment. Through this active participation, Pop Warner programs teach fundamental values, skills and knowledge that young people will use throughout their lives.
Pop Warner seeks to provide fun athletic learning opportunities for children, while emphasizing the importance of academic success. Specifically, Pop Warner seeks to familiarize players and spirit participants with the fundamentals of football, cheerleading and dance. Pop Warner strives to inspire youth, regardless of race, creed or national origin, to practice the ideals of sportsmanship, scholarship and physical fitness as reflected in the life of the late Glenn Scobie “Pop” Warner.
- To encourage and increase youth participation in football, cheerleading and dance.
- To ensure a safer and positive playing environment for all participants.
- To instill life-long values of teamwork, dedication and a superior work ethic in the classroom and on the playing field.
- Pop Warner programs have no tryouts or cutting of rosters.
- Everyone participates under mandatory rules of play.
- On-field coaching is allowed for younger age levels.
- Individual awards are given only for academic excellence, not for on-field activities.
Safe Playing Environment:
- There are strict mandatory equipment requirements.
- Pop Warner provides Coaching Clinics and Risk Management Training.
- An enforced national rule book incorporates time-tested rules.
- A full-time executive staff supports all local associations and assists in sound policy creation.